I must confess: I am bad blogger.
I had this epiphany after attending a social media event on the weekend.
With Fiona, a Sister in Style …
But before I explain why, let me tell you a little about the event … it was hosted by the lovely Nikki from Styling You, to celebrate two years of hosting the #everydaystyle hashtag on Instagram. About 40 regular participants from south east Queensland were invited to don their daytime summer glamour looks (not-so-everyday-style!), for a luncheon on the Hilton’s poolside terrace.
Phones, tablets, action!
Watching how others operate, smartphone in hand, and hearing about their blogging habits, I realised that at times I am a bad blogger – and here’s why:
5 Reasons I am a Bad Blogger!
- When eating out, I don’t take photos of my food for social media. Usually I’ve already started tucking in before I even think of it! Ooops … (although I did manage to snap a pic of dessert before I demolished it, this lemon meringue pie was to die for!)
- I don’t have my blog posts done up a month in advance, like the experts suggest. Heck, if I manage to be a week in advance I think that’s pretty awesome! I’m typing this up on Sunday night ready to publish Monday …
- I also don’t have any real goals or plan of attack for this blog – I’m more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my pants gal. It can be a wild ride at times, but oh-so-exhilarating! I really enjoy watching Middle Aged Mama develop organically. There is nothing better than running with inspiration when it strikes, rather than following a precise method or plan to grow my social media accounts, run a blog series, publish an e-book or other resources …
- I don’t have an email newsletter yet. But it’s coming, so make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post!
- I don’t always respond to your comments. Bad blogger. I know, I’m sorry. I really love hearing from you and I do try to respond. Sometimes I get caught up in other things – I’m sure you know how it is – from one busy middle aged woman to another!
The view across the table – that’s Nikki from Styling You (standing)
It might be true that I am a bad blogger, but hopefully I’m lovable (and cheeky!) so that kinds of makes up for it 😉 !
Linking up with My Home Truths.
Don’t forget to enter my comp to win a $100 voucher to spend at Crazy Sales – closes 10 December!