NB This is a sponsored post.
There is nothing like a gift of flowers to lift the spirit, or to let somebody know you are thinking of them.
In the past couple of years I’ve started growing miniature roses, which to my astonishment have flourished. I nearly always have at least one in a vase on my kitchen counter!
In fact, my roses are so prolific I’ve started cutting the freshest blooms, placing the stems in soaked tissues or paper towel, and tenderly wrapping them with alfoil, so I can give them away. (Does anybody else remember giving their teacher a bunch like this from their own garden?!) It’s such a small thing, and yet I love seeing the recipient’s face light up at the absolute unexpectedness of it!
Hence my thoughts that the world would be a much better place, if we gave more flowers.
Not sure when to give flowers, or why? They’re suitable for almost any occasion!
When to Give Flowers: 50 Great Reasons
You can give flowers to say:
- Thank you.
- Hope your recovery from surgery is speedy.
- Congratulations on your retirement!
- I’m sorry.
- So sad that you’re moving away.
- Thinking of you.
- To celebrate the opening of your new store/business!
- My deepest sympathies on the loss of your loved one.
- Congratulations on your new job.
- In honour of your graduation!
- Happy Mother’s Day
- Welcome home!
- Congratulations on your promotion.
- A little something to brighten your Monday morning.
- Welcome to the neighbourhood.
- So thrilled you’ve been accepted into uni!
- I know you’ve had a bad week.
- Hope you feel better soon after your accident.
- I love you!
- Happy Valentine’s Day.
- So sorry to hear about the loss of your furry family member.
- Happy Easter.
- Wishing you lots of luck with your exams.
- So thrilled to hear you’re expecting a baby!
- I miss you.
- I’m sorry you’ve been made redundant.
- Happy wedding anniversary.
- You are AWESOME!
- Today is the anniversary of our first date.
- Happy birthday.
- Welcome to womanhood!
- Merry Christmas.
- Til we meet again …
- Happy divorce day.
- Hooray – you’ve finished exams!
- I forgive you.
- In honour of your bar/bat mitzvah.
- I appreciate you inviting me over for dinner.
- You’ve done a great job!
- You are a good friend.
- So sorry to hear of your/your loved one’s diagnosis.
- Happy housewarming!
- You won the competition/race 🙂 !
- You didn’t win the competition/race 🙁 .
- Remembering the day we first met.
- To welcome your new baby.
- I’m so glad you’re in my life.
- Congratulations on becoming a grandparent.
- So glad the doctor gave you the all clear!
- JUST BECAUSE!
If you don’t have any flowers in your garden, or you live some distance from the person you are giving to, it couldn’t be easier these days to order online from companies like Flowers for Everyone, Fresh Flowers, Interflora, or Petals.
And why am I such an advocate of giving flowers? Yes, it cheers up someone else, but it’s not just the recipients that benefit! As the old saying goes, it is more blessed to give than to receive …
Is there any occasion that you know when to give flowers is a MUST?
Linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT.