As 2012 draws to a close, I thought I’d take a moment to reflect on the year that was.
On a personal level, the big events were:
- a 2 week cruise to New Zealand (January);
- my hysterectomy (June);
- being retrenched from my government job AND our beloved family cat died all in the same horrible week (October);
- our 1 into 2 block subdivision was finalised (November); and
- we got a new kitten (December).
Although this site has only been live for just over a month (since 21 November to be exact!), Redland City Living has had over 2200 page views in that time. A flying start!
And the top ten most-read articles since the site went live?
- It’s all about dressing to be cool, comfortable AND chic in The Everywhere Dress.
- The secret’s out – Coffee Thyme at Thornlands is a fantastic place for a coffee, snack or meal!
- Fashion again, when I wrote a post to join in an Aussie Curves link-up: featuring orange!
- The end of the school year prompted me to wonder: Whatever happened to breaking up day?
- Fifth spot goes to another one of my favourite haunts in the Redlands, The Artist Tree cafe and gallery.
- At Number 6 was our “About” page – not surprising really – this site is so new, people wanted to find out more about Redland City Living!
- Getting into the spirit of the season, in O Christmas Tree.
- Continuing with the festive theme, I shared my recipe for Decadent Chocolate Cherry Rum Balls (my figure is thankful that Christmas only comes once a year!).
- A practical post, Beat the Heat, helped us to save the planet and find ways to keep cool that DON’T involve turning on the air conditioning!
- And finally, I’m sure everybody had a good giggle over the photos in my Hair Disaster 😉
Thank you so much for your support and I look forward to doing bigger and better in 2013 – and hope that you will pop back and visit regularly!
What were the big events in YOUR life in 2012?