I’m having one of “those” birthdays in January, 2017.
You know – one that ends in a zero. I’m about to turn the big 5-oh!
Like any middle aged woman, I have mixed feelings about reaching such a milestone. Thoughts like:
- Truly, I only feel 40!
- How can it be 50 years already?
- Should I admit to being 50 or pretend it’s not happening?
- If only I could stay at about 37 … or maybe 42, tops …
- What will the next few years hold?
- Remember that surprise party we threw for my mother-in-law’s 50th? Now I’m the one turning 50!
- Please tell me I don’t look 50!
- When I was a kid, 50 was unthinkable – it seemed so OLD!
- and; How on earth did I get here?!
Ever the optimist, I refuse to dread turning fifty, or sweep it under the carpet. Instead, I’m gonna be loud and proud – and party all year long!
Announcing: My Own Festival of 50
In 2017 I will be celebrating throughout the year, with my own Festival of 50!
And of course I will be documenting it here on the blog.
The hubster and I will be on holiday in Bali when the momentous day arrives. (My dream destination was actually Hawaii, because then I could call it “Hawaii 5-oh!” coz I’m lame like that haha … but it’s hella expensive at that time of year … just one of the reasons I hate having a January birthday!).
I’m working on a list of 50 things I want to do as part of the Festival of 50 but am stuck on about number 34.
So I could really use your help – any suggestions of things I should do for my own Festival of 50?! How did you celebrate – or what are your plans – for your own 50th birthday?!
Joining up with some of my fave bloggers for:
PS Don’t forget to enter the comp for a Conscious Luxury Beauty Box – closing 2 January 2017 – what a great way to start the New Year!