These are the absolute best rum balls you will ever taste. EVER.
- 1 pkt red glace cherries
- 1/2 cup sour light cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablesp rum
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 200g cooking chocolate
- 125g crushed sweet biscuits
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 60g butter
- Place cherries in a container with 2 tablespoons of rum and soak for a week, shaking occasionally.
- Melt chocolate (I do it in the microwave; you can do it the old-fashioned way in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water if you prefer).
- Rapidly beat sour cream into chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine biscuits, cocoa and icing sugar, before adding melted butter and remaining rum.
- Mix well then add coconut.
- (This is the messy part, but oh-so-worth it!) Mould a teaspoonful of the chocolate mixture around a cherry, then roll in crumb mix.
So delicious, you’ll have everybody asking you for the recipe! But it can be our little secret if you like 😉