And whoosh, just like that, another year is almost history!
It’s easy for me to forget what happened and when, so I thought writing a post looking back on 2016 would be a great idea to help cement those memories in my brain – and hopefully be of interest to you too 🙂 .
- Poor old hubster had surgery to remove skin cancer on his ear, including a skin graft. Luckily we shopped around for health care and saved ourselves at least a thousand dollars. Eleven months on and you can barely notice any difference, his ear has healed so well!
- February’s highlight was an all-expenses paid trip to Melbourne, where I was given a personal tour of the Golden Princess, thanks to the good people at Princess Cruises. I like to think I had a hand in at least one cruise convert this year (hi Min!)!
- We freshened up our bedroom with some new bed linen (though I still haven’t found the furniture I want). On a more deep and meaningful note, I shared about some of the bumps in my faith journey.
- Our daughter returned from her overseas adventure and back to the loving arms of her mama; meanwhile I’d found my tribe – the crazy cat lady bloggers of Australia!
- I attended my first WordCamp; and was thinking about adopting another cat, as a companion for Miss Fleur …
- I don’t muck around – because we did indeed adopt another kitty! There was a big focus on beauty, as I attended the Bloggers United Brisbane event, and also a lipstick making workshop.
- It was the final straw – so I began a battle with our bank which we won (and we’ve since taken our business elsewhere); and my grandmother passed away, just days before her 101st birthday.
- Technical problems forced me to have a week away from the blog; but on the bright side, I won the Redland Women in Business award!
- Not only did I attend Problogger Event on the Gold Coast, I was spotted at Colour My Pot; and entered into the fashion debate over white pants!
- In October I was watching The Block; sipping coffee at the Mt Gravatt Lookout Cafe; and checking out the new Bridget Jones’ movie.
- The big excitement in November was finally choosing a holiday in Bali to celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday! We reached some major milestones in the family too – we survived the teenage years, and our two kitties finally started to get along.
- So far this month, I’ve gotten a bit carried away with my Christmas wishlist; had some fun op shopping with Miss 20; and shared a hot fashion tip with my readers: the drop waist dress is back!
And now that I’ve finished looking back on 2016, I’m going to take a little break for a week or so. In the meantime, there are plenty of links to great posts above if you are missing your Middle Aged Mama fix and just want more!
I’ll be back in the New Year sharing more adventures from midlife and beyond … what have been some of the highlights of this year for you?!
Don’t forget to enter the comp for a Conscious Luxury Beauty Box – closing 2 January 2017 – what a great way to start the New Year!