Sometimes it feels like the blogosphere is being overtaken by young mummy bloggers – where are the blogs for middle aged women, by middle aged women?!
Are you like me, well and truly past the stage of changing nappies and wiping little noses? Even if you’re still in that stage – or have never had kids – if you’ve discovered you need longer arms to read the fine print, and that pimples and wrinkles CAN happily co-exist on your face – then you will be able to relate to these blogs.
All are by Aussie women who are
middle aged in the prime of life – I know that I enjoy them – I hope you do too!
Blogs Celebrating Midlife
- Middle Aged Mama – Of course! Just in case you didn’t already know – I’m Janet, and I’m learning to fashion a new life now the kids are grown 🙂 . I’m a crazy cat lady, with a passion for clothes, chocolate, chick lit and cruising holidays!
- Lifestyle Fifty – Over in Western Australia, we have Jo proudly waving the flag for middle aged women with Lifestyle Fifty, a life and style guide for getting older. Jo has a great upbeat take on the world and reminds us that far from being put out to pasture, more mature women can be fun, feisty and funky!
- Deep Fried Fruit – Leanne has been blogging every day since her 40th birthday, which was a few years ago now! From her Canberra home, she shares on the art of ageing positively. She is also the author of the children’s book series, “Cheer Chick Charlie”.
- Cresting the Hill – Leanne is based in Western Australia, a crazy cat lady, and a firm believer that midlife rocks!
Fashion & Beauty Blogs
- Iris May Style – Although the tagline on her blog is “the youthful girl’s guide to style”, I am sure the lovely Bev will forgive me for including her in this line up. (*Anyone with teenage – or older – kids is middle aged in my book!) Originally from the UK, Bev is now sharing her style right here in Australia, from her home on the Sunshine Coast.
- Styling You – Nikki is perhaps the best known of our middle aged bloggers, winning a Telstra business award in 2015. She blogs on all things style and beauty, and has a mild obsession with a certain TV show called “Offspring” …
- Seduced by Beauty – Kate from Seduced by Beauty wasn’t too sure what I would class as middle aged, but she was still pretty certain that she would qualify! Kate has always loved anything to do with the cosmetics industry, and now she indulges that passion on her blog. Kate keeps the rest of us middle-aged
divaswomen informed about what products are actually worth spending our money on!
- Sista with Style – Katrina is a Brisbane-ite, blogging about plus sized fashion, beauty tips, travel tales, life ramblings and a good dose of positive body image and confidence.
It seems middle aged women like to get in touch with their deepest feelings and find inner calm, as is exemplified by ….
- Ying Yang Mother – Kathy admits she qualifies as middle-aged, being in her mid-4o’s, even though her children are still young. From her home on the Gold Coast, Kathy blogs about her love of yoga, and pursuit of balance.
- Write of the Middle – In a bayside suburb of Brisbane (not too far from me actually), we have the lovely Min, who has discovered a passion for photography. Min has three grown children (twin boys, plus a girl) and a cute Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
Good for a Giggle
- Pinky Poinker – I had the pleasure of meeting the irrepressible Michelle (aka Pinky) at Problogger 2014. Pinky’s blog is a hoot – her posts range from the sublime to the ridiculous! She is married to Scotto (who sounds nearly as wonderful as my hubster), and has 5 grown kids.
- My Midlife Mayhem – Can you handle the truth about being middle aged?! Louisa at My Midlife Mayhem blogs about life, her long term marriage and teenage kids.
Books and More
- Debbish – Just like me, Deb took a redundancy from her government position in 2012. She seized the opportunity and made a sea change, moving to Hervey Bay. On Deb’s blog you’ll find chats about books (she loves a good crime novel) and life in general.
House & Home
- Domesblissity – Anne is a frugal living enthusiast, sharing recipes, tips and reviews on her blog. She also happens to live not far from me!
- 50 Shades of Age – Kathy hails from the Gold Coast, although she is currently trekking around Australia with her husband in their caravan (half her luck!). Her blog is a light-hearted take on life as a 50 something, although sometimes Kathy likes to tackle some of the more serious issues that face our age group, as we prepare for our golden years.
- Seize the Day Project – Another Queenslander! Lyndall is all about embracing adventure, travel, creativity, gratitude and living an inspired life.
- Get in the Hot Spot – Yay Queensland! Meet Annabel, busily blogging from her home on the Sunshine Coast about travel, wellbeing and midlife adventure.
- Wonderfully Women – When I put the call out on Facebook for fabulous female bloggers that are unashamedly middle aged, Nikki from Wonderfully Women responded saying “I am in that zone”! Her blog, Wonderfully Women, is all about celebrating life and offers plenty of practical tips.
- Confessions of an Aged Care Worker – I’ve just met Dollie Dogood (I’m guessing it’s a pseudonym?!) on Twitter. And yes Dollie, a blog (by a middle-aged woman) reflecting on what it’s like to get old DOES count!
So many great blogs for middle aged women – have fun checking them out – and don’t forget to let me know which one is your favourite, or if I’ve missed any other great ones!