If you’re new here, you’re probably wondering just what this Middle Aged Mama person and her blog are all about.
More from the Middle Aged Mama
Hi, I’m Janet Camilleri. I’m a forty-something mother of two “kidults”, and have been happily married for over 25 years. I’m discovering what it’s like to fashion a new life after the kids are grown!
- I get bored with my wardrobe sometimes, so I like to try things like 31 Days of Frocks for Frocktober.
- I really struggle with finding jeans to suit my apple-shaped figure.
- And I *don’t* have an endless budget, so I like to share what I call Fashion from the Real World.
I like to share hair and beauty tips too:
But it’s not just about looking good. Relationships are important to me too:
- I even married my Dad’s best friend!
- After all these years together, the hubster and I wanted to pass on our 10 top tips for marriage.
- And have you ever stopped to wonder: Who wears the pants in your house?!
Parenting teenaged/grown kids brings a whole new set of challenges:
- As a result, I’m anti-schoolies week;
- Reflecting on the fact that my kids are growing up …
- And I have my share of parenting regrets – and also, some non-regrets!
Rants and Rambles
Like most people, I can be opinionated at times. For example,
- I don’t like unisex toilets;
- I hate having a January birthday;
- And I’m convinced that Google is a woman.
And I’ve been known to have a bit of a rant and rave …
Middle Aged Mama Wisdom?!
Sometimes I like to share words of wisdom, from my hard won experience:
- About embracing middle age;
- or how to recover from redundancy;
- And to remind you that all is not always as it seems, in this simple test/quiz: Test your powers of perception!
I’m definitely not perfect, and have had my own share of pain and struggles in life. For example:
- I didn’t talk to my Mum for over 10 years 🙁
- I’ve battled a Milo Addiction;
- And discovered unusual ways to treat depression.
I must confess, I’m a bit of a social media/blog junkie …
- which is why I blame it on the bloggers;
- can admit to being a Facebook stalker;
- and have also experienced the dark side of social media.
I can also get a bit silly, like the time when:
- I had a bad experience with a koala!
- felt smug that I’ve still got it 😉 ;
- wrote the Cheat’s Guide to Housework.
And did you know, real life can be stranger than fiction? I’ve not only:
I like to go rambling down memory lane, sharing stories of:
- bad birthdays;
- books that changed my life;
- why I quit teaching;
- Expo 88;
- and the days when I used to work in a library.
A Daily Dose of Cute
And, I think we all need more CUTE in our lives!
Or if you’d like to be notified whenever there’s a new post here on the blog: