Richard Marx used to sing about those “Endless Summer Nights” and that is what it feels like to me – the hot and sweaty weather just seems to go on … and on … and on!
I’m fantasizing about snuggly sweaters and being able to wear layers again (on my Pinterest account!), but who can blame me. The hot weather seems to last so long that it’s easy to get a bit bored with our Summer wardrobe.
So I knew it was time to do a bit of a Summer wardrobe update, as I’m going to be wearing most of it for another three months at least.
This is what was on my original Summer 13/14 fashion wishlist:
1. Frocks: I’m happy to report I’ve been able to stock my wardrobe with some lovely dresses this season. They are just so easy to thrown on and wear in Summer! I have a number of frocks on high rotation, from maxi dresses to skater dresses and everything in between 🙂
2. Soft Printed Pants: I had some misgivings about adding these to my wardrobe, and I Must Confess I haven’t even tried a pair on yet. I’ve seen some other fashion bloggers look ah-mazing in them, but I just haven’t gone there. I’ll let you know if this changes!
3. Statement Necklaces: I found some real bargains at Lovisa in the post Christmas sales.
4. Colour: Blue has definitely made more of an appearance in my wardrobe. But just as I’m excited about adding colour, it seems monochrome is a thing!
5. A Sunhat: I shared some of the styles that inspired me, but in the end it was the hubster who gave me my new hat! It was all of $5 at Woolies, and he picked it up when he was doing the grocery shopping because he just thought it “looked like me”. Love that man!
I’ve done well, but as I’ve mentioned, I’ve grown bored with my summer wardrobe (first world problem I know), so popped out to the shops hoping to find a couple of things to spice it up a bit.
And what did I find?
You guessed it.
Winter fashion. On the last day of January. What the!
Are you feeling the need to do a bit of a Summer wardrobe update too?
Linking up with My Home Truths for another Monday Confession.