If you’re new here, you’re probably wondering just what this Middle Aged Mama person and her blog are all about.
More from the Middle Aged Mama
Hi, I’m Janet Camilleri. I’m a Brisbane blogger, happily married for over 28 years, and the mother of two “kidults”. I’m discovering what it’s like to fashion a new life after the kids are grown, and love to share my adventures here on the blog!
You can meet the Middle Aged Family here.
- I get bored with my wardrobe sometimes, so I like to try things like 31 Days of Frocks for Frocktober.
- I really struggle with finding jeans to suit my apple-shaped figure.
- And I *don’t* have an endless budget, so I like to share what I call Fashion from the Real World.
I like to share hair and beauty tips too:
But it’s not just about looking good. Relationships are important to me too:
- I even married my Dad’s best friend!
- After all these years together, the hubster and I wanted to pass on our 10 top tips for marriage.
- And have you ever stopped to wonder: Who wears the pants in your house?!
Parenting teenaged/grown kids brings a whole new set of challenges:
- As a result, I’m anti-schoolies week;
- Reflecting on the fact that my kids are growing up …
- And I have my share of parenting regrets – and also, some non-regrets!
Rants and Rambles
Like most people, I can be opinionated at times. For example,
- I don’t like unisex toilets;
- I hate having a January birthday;
- And I’m convinced that Google is a woman.
And I’ve been known to have a bit of a rant and rave …
Middle Aged Mama Wisdom?!
Sometimes I like to share words of wisdom, from my hard won experience:
- About embracing middle age;
- or how to recover from redundancy;
- And to remind you that all is not always as it seems, in this simple test/quiz: Test your powers of perception!
I’m definitely not perfect, and have had my own share of pain and struggles in life. For example:
- I didn’t talk to my Mum for over 10 years 🙁
- I’ve battled a Milo Addiction;
- And discovered unusual ways to treat depression.
I must confess, I’m a bit of a social media/blog junkie …
- which is why I blame it on the bloggers;
- can admit to being a Facebook stalker;
- and have also experienced the dark side of social media.
I can also get a bit silly, like the time when:
- I had a bad experience with a koala!
- felt smug that I’ve still got it 😉 ;
- wrote the Cheat’s Guide to Housework.
And did you know, real life can be stranger than fiction? I’ve not only:
I like to go rambling down memory lane, sharing stories of:
- bad birthdays;
- books that changed my life;
- why I quit teaching;
- Expo 88;
- and the days when I used to work in a library.
A Daily Dose of Cute
And, I think we all need more CUTE in our lives!
Or sign up for the Middle Aged Mama newsletter. It’s free, and will only land in your inbox every couple of weeks, so you’ll never miss a post again!